My Understanding of What is PSM – II?
PSM – II is the advanced i.e. second level out of three, scrum master certification from Scrum.Org. PSM – II exam checks your understanding of implementing scrum values, principles and other concepts in practical situations.
Why PSM – II?
- Industry recognized and certificate to show advanced knowledge of scrum and using scrum in complex environment.
- Certificate with no expiry date.
- Actual test of your scrum knowledge not meant to just clear the exam without thorough understanding of scrum and it’s use in complex environment.
- You get access to community blogs and resources where you are guided by a learning path for scrum masters.
How I Prepared for PSM – II?
- I got enrolled for PSM – II advanced scrum master virtual training class of Professional Scrum Trainer Hemant Khati.
- Had 4 days of virtual training classes of class size 20. We discussed real situations that scrum master faces in day – to- day work life.
- Read thoroughly Scrum – A Pocket Guide by Gunther Verhyen.
- Revisited Scrum Guide by Jeff Sutherland and Ken Schwaber.
- Revisited the learning path for scrum masters blogs, articles, case studies and videos.
- Clarified doubts and sought help from peers of training class to understand concepts and questions. It helped a lot.
- Udemy’s PSM – II practice test to get acquainted with type of questions you can expect in exam.
What you can Expect in PSM – II Exam?
- 30 multiple choice questions in 90 minutes.
- All questions are scenario/situation based.
- Since these are situation based questions, so they are lengthy.
- 85% passing score.
- Prepare thoroughly. Do not go for short cuts.
- Read Scrum – A Pocket Guide. It will help to clarify your doubts and understanding.
- Do not rush through questions while giving exam. You have ample time.
- Do not get under pressure from peers in your training class group who keep passing the exam before you.
- Attempt when you are ready.
Hope this blog would have given you an insight on PSM – II and will help you to get prepared for the PSM -II exam. Please share your views in comments box below. I am also sharing the link to purchase Gunther’s book which will be very helpful in your preparation for PSM – II below. Click the link to purchase it on Amazon.